Tuesday 8 October 2013

Decorative Accessories For The Home

Hello lovelies,

I am a massive lover of decorative accessories, especially for the home. Little ornaments such as wall art, birdcages, pretty photo frames, candles and especially artificial flowers. I could spend hours in the home section of stores such as Next or Dunelm Mill just browsing, but most probably will end up buying something I don't need.

I went on a little shopping spree this weekend and decided to get lots of lovely things for my flat. I hadn't put anything on the walls yet and really wanted to so did a lot of research prior online to try and pick out the best wall art. I think you have to be very careful with wall art, firstly that it will go with everything else in the room and match the decor, and that the piece isn't too busy and distracting, to me wall art is meant to compliment the room, not take away from it.

In this post will be showing you pieces I bought this weekend, as well as other cute decor in my flat.

I am firstly going to show you the new wall art I bought. Now I am getting a larger, purple canvas for my bedroom but that hasn't been ordered yet as I'd like to see it in the shop before I purchase it, but can't seem to find it anywhere apart from online. This piece is from Debenhams and is a beautiful purple piece with 5 flowers which will scale across my bedroom wall. I will hopefully be ordering this piece this week. If you want to check it out click HERE. The first wall canvas' I am going to show you are in my living room and are from Next. The room colour scheme is purples/pinks/creams, so these fit perfectly.



I had originally seen these canvas' online for £70 and loved the design, but the price put me off. However, going into the store they were marked as £30, so I immediately grabbed them and got them. They are still marked up as £70 online, but in store I got both for £30, bargin! I have pink/purple curtains and am hoping to get the dusty pink rug from Next, so these images will suit my colour scheme perfectly. You can find these canvas' HERE and the rug I would like can be found HERE.

The second piece of wall art I got was for my bedroom. As I have already said I am looking to get the larger canvas for my other bedroom wall. This canvas is grey which matches my bedroom colour scheme. My duvet covers are a very dark purple and busy design, therefore I wanted the wall art to be very simplistic and plain, but still pretty. I settled on a set of 3 canvas' from The Range. The canvas' are 3 lilies on a grey background, they are very simple but still decorative. These were the hardest to hang because they all had to be the right size and height. Unfortunately I can't link you to this on the website as it is no longer there as of yesterday, but there is a photo below for you.


The last piece of wall art I purchased was initially intended for the bedroom, however it looks better in the hall and I am so pleased I put it here as it fits perfectly and every time I walk past it I love it more and more. I had not actually seen this online, so it was not on my list when I was shopping, but it caught my eye in Wilkinson and the colour scheme matched my flat well, so I just had to get it.



As well as wall art, I also got some photo frames and a candle I had seen online, the cream photo frames and the candle are from Next Home and the silver photo frame is from Wilkinson. I like the silver photo frame as it is quite quirky and stands out as opposed to a blank frame. The Next frames are a bit plainer, but they are so pretty and I couldn't say not to them. I have not filled these frames yet, but will very soon! To find the Next frames click HERE and to see the Wilkinson frame click HERE. The candle featured in the photo was also from Next and is HERE. See all items in the images directly below.





My purple bowl originally had various items in it, including stationary and hair stuff, however I wanted to make it prettier and more decorative so also bought a box of potpourri in Wilkinson, which smells amazing and was purple, pink and cream so have filled the bowl with this. It looks so much better and my room now smells of roses every time I walk into it. The Potpourri can be found HERE.



I also got some new cushion covers to match my curtains & new rug I will hopefully be getting. The cushion covers were from Dunelm Mill and were £6.99 each. If you would like to see or purchase these cushions click HERE.


As well as these new purchases, I already have some decorate items around my flat which I will show you below. I am a big fan of artificial flowers, as you will see and I love slogan plaques! I am still mid decorating my Flat and still want to buy a lot more to decorate but I'm so happy with how it's coming along at the moment. Below are some photos of my flat currently and the accessories I have in it.









If you would like to know where you can purchase or see any of the items above, please feel free to contact me and ask me where I got them from. I love scoping out decorative items for the home and hope you enjoyed this blog post! x

Cya x


4 comments:

  1. Fab post doll! Where did you get the little pots of lavender (I think that's what it is) from?

    xoxo

    http://xlaxx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! They are from BHS Home, they are so cute! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! I really love home decor and all these pretty things!
    I love the amount of different pieces you have shown too! :)
    Kammi
    xx

    http://beautybookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Each of these pieces come together so very wonderfully and give your space a subtle and warm look. Would love to see more blog posts from you related to colours, textures and designs.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...