Since my last blog post about my BaByliss Curl Secret I have had a lot of questions about my hair.
If you have seen this post, you will know I have extremely long ombre hair and a lot of people have taken an interest in it so I thought I would do a post on it.
I wanted to dip dye my hair for ages before I finally did it!
My natural hair is mousy brown, the same colour as it is at the top currently but I always thought this was a bit plain.
I have dyed by hair blonde and chocolate brown before but the blonde washed me out too much so I decided I only wanted it at the ends.
Ombre is a perfect combination as it is not as damaging as a full head of colour.
What I Used
- I used Loreal's Wild Ombre in the No. 3 Shade. I used this as it was recommend by a friend who had a similar hair shade to me. This product was great and so easy to use! My friend actually did this for me as it's easier for someone else to do it rather than looking in the mirror and trying to gage where to put it.
How I Did It
- I recommend getting someone else to do this for you the first time, but you can do it yourself after.
- The dye started just over half way down my hair. It is important this colour isn't in a block and it is different lengths to match natural tones.
How Long Have I Had It
- I have had Dip Dyed hair for nearly a year now and have only had to do it 3 times. The first time I did it, it stayed on for around 40 mins and I did it again 3 days later for a further 30 mins to get it even blonder. I then left it for around 4 months before I did it again.
- I'm surprised how long the dye has stayed, it has really stuck to my hair now and it's blended to such a nice natural colour.
|My Ombre Hair March 2013|
I have super super long hair, it's past hip length now! I get asked a lot how I maintain it but there's no secret really!
I have ALWAYS had long hair, never had short hair and it's also very thick. I'm pretty lucky with it actually.
The only issue with having such long hair is that is gets flat so I have to backcomb it quite a lot for it to get volume, and when I get volume, it's often been compared to a mane!! I love love love volume!
What I Use
- To maintain my dip dye and stop damage I use John Frieda Moisturising Blonde Shampoo
- I use Gold GHD Straightens and for curls, BaByliss Curl Secret
- For hairspray I use Pantene Extra Strong to keep it volumised
- I am a huge fan of dry shampoo and use Batiste original
I hope this has been helpful for you and if you have any questions about maintaing, dying your hair, let me know!
Have you ever dyed your hair?